Our humanitarian activities in Brazil started in the 1980-ies on behalf of Ameropa AG. In 2002, they were formally taken over by the Ameropa Foundation.
Currently, the Foundation is supporting the following projects:
- Support of four schools for basic, secondary and vocational education.
- Institution for micro-credits and credits to small and medium-sized enterprises (SME).
- Agricultural projects with subsistence farmers.
- Holistic project aiming at the integral betterment of the (ex)-favela and still marginalised community of Mãe Luiza, including educational, social, cultural, sportive and urbanistic measures.
- Management of the Arena do Morro by our local partner, the Centro Sócio-Pastoral Nossa Senhora de Conceição in cooperation with the government of Rio Grande do Norte.